Understanding Your Target Audience
By Louise Dennington | June 8, 2022
How well do you believe you truly know your target audience? Have you been able to think like them and see things from their perspective? Have you observed their behaviours?
Understanding an audience needs to be at the heart of a business for growth and success. It’s what drives effective marketing strategies, increases brand equity and ultimately improves a company’s bottom line. This isn’t a one off task though – this is a process, something that should be reviewed constantly and re-adjusted when needed.
Work needs to be done as an essential element of your research. You should be delving deep into behaviours, data insights, patterns; your approach needs to be extremely thorough and methodical, and only then, when all facts have been verified, can you begin to design a brand that your consumer will love.
A good target audience is:
- Specific – there will of course be groups of people who will be unlikely, unwilling or unable to engage with your business. Be specific in your targeting and pinpoint those who want what you have to offer.
- Data-backed – research and/or conduct a market analysis for unbiased and real data to support your offering.
- Customer-centric – this doesn’t mean targeting those your business wants to engage with, it means targeting those who want to engage with your business. What are the genuine benefits for these potential customers?
Once you have established a target audience, use channels and messaging to which this audience will be most receptive. Communicate with them in a way that will reach them – not just by the method used, but also by the language and tone of voice.
Researching your audience
- Who are my customers?
- How can I reach them?
- What products or service do they want or need?
- How do/would they benefit from my existing or planned offering?
- How much would they be willing to pay?
- Who are my competitors?
Ready for more?
Celebrating Five Years of Hue: A Journey of Creativity and Growth
As we celebrate our fifth anniversary, we reflect on the inspiring path that has led us to where we are today.
Getting Back to Business: Your September Stock Check
Ah, September—the time of year when the school bells chime and the scramble for school supplies begins. From finding the perfect-sized shoes to ensuring each sock finds its match, it’s a flurry of preparation. But here’s a thought: while you’re getting your family’s stock in check, why not give your business a little check-up too? […]
Mastering Digital Marketing: The Power of Planning and Content Creation
In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses need a well-crafted digital marketing strategy to stand out from the competition and captivate their target audience.